Monday, July 23, 2007

Arctic Panhandler

After setting a temperature record of 117° (that's 47.2° Celsius for non-Americans) I find myself back in Ralglan where today it is 15°C, quite reasonable for this place actually. When I got back to our drill the other day this little guy was sniffing around our transmitter gear. They love to eat our wire, particularly the black electrical tape on our splices. They'll dig down through several feet of snow for a chomp! This guy was looking for some snacks, I think the drillers like to share their lunch. He was very brave and followed me around so I tried to snap a shot. He was very cooperative, hamming it up for the camera. It's amazing how different he looks from his winter counterpart, you can see a picture of the winter version here on Tom's blog.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: